Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 6

Luke Brown: The other night I was asked to share the gospel for the whole entire English camp. My initial reaction was ..uhhhh funny?!? But then I remembered before the trip praying to God to truly challenge me on this trip. I then knew this was God giving me the chance to push myself and share his good news. Although I was very nervous it went well and I finished without fainting or soiling myself :). So far this trip has been pushing me in many ways and I praise God for each and everyone of them. I am so glad to be here and to watch God work through all of us in different areas. I cant wait to see all you back home but until then God bless.

Jesse Mills: This trip has been a wonderful blessing to me, and it's been awesome to see how unified our team is. Even the Brazilian people have noticed this, and commented on how close we all are. I think I grow as much from watching and praying for others on the team who are actively doing God's work, as I do from participating myself! My most powerful experience thus far has been the church service yesterday evening. The combination of worship in two languages, a skit representing the freedom from sin found in Christ, and Ricky's message touched my heart in a rare and wonderful way. I cannot wait to visit some schools and share the power of the cross with many who only know its shape.

We spent this morning having team time/personal devotions. It was a wonderful change of pace. Hunter and Luke led the team devo about how to avoid being a "lukewarm" Christian.

After lunch we'll be splitting into two teams that will go into different schools to share the Gospel, play a game of basketball/soccer, and then come back to the church later this evening for "Happy Hour" (meaning socializing/having intentional conversations with those that came to English camp). Busy day but we're all excited to see how God will work through us in the schools and in the conversations tonight.

Parents, don't forget that Ricky will be calling tonight at the prayer meeting.

Thanks again for your continued prayers and comments,
Hannah W.

(P.S. 2D)

12 comments:

  1. We continue to pray fervently & constantly for all of you! Thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear how the Lord is using and stretching you as well as bonding the team!

    Love & Prayers,

    The Pinkmans

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to hear from you guys personally on how God is challenging you! Luke, we are praying for you constantly and although we are missing you like crazy, it's humbling and amazing to see what God is accomplishing through all of you there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so awesome to hear how God has been challenging you! Also,that people recognize your relationship as a team! What a great example of faith. I pray constantly for you all. Miss you Cody!

    Love
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could've been there for Hunter and Cody's lesson on not being lukewarm! Sounds awesome.

    It's also really encouraging to hear that y'all are becoming so close! The spiritual siblings that God put me with in the mission field have been some of the best, closest, and longest friendships I've ever had.

    I thought of you guys when reading Ephesians this morning...

    "Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." - Ephesians 5:15-17

    "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm." - Ephesians 6:10-13

    "...and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints" - Ephesians 6:17-18

    Praying that God would continue to influence the people of Brazil in amazing ways through your efforts,
    Preston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scott and team - I love seeing the power of prayer and how God is answering so specifically. I'm praying that each of you will be used just as God wills as you submit to Him in obedience.
    Scott - I miss you bunches - your email account is full so my emails aren't reaching you :(.

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking so forward to tonight when Ricky calls. Keep running the race that God has called to you each to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So good to hear how God is using all of you! Continuing to pray...

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luke, I've no doubt that you did an amazing job sharing. Continue to seek those challenges that make you uncomfortable...bw

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wonderful to receive the phone call last nite from Ricky. Afterward the parents broke up into 3 groups to pray specificly for you all and for all you'll be doing this week.

    How wonderful to hear about your unity. So true, they will know you are Christians by your love. Besides Christ's admonition to "go into all the world"...one of His last prayers to the Father before His ascension was that the Believers would be United. We will continue to pray for your unity in Christ! Hallelujah...what a Savior!
    Blessings on all of you!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heey everyone! I wish i still could be on there with guys. Hope you having a nice week. I'll be praying for you. Missing all of you already!

    Mr. Miagui's daughter
    Aline

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Brazil team, so glad to be able to read the blog updates. Luke, way to go on sharing the Gospel with the whole English camp. Even though it was out of your comfort zone, I'm sure you felt the presence of the Lord with you. II Timothy 1:7 (The Message) says: "God doesn't want us to be shy with His gifts, but bold and loving and sensible." It sounds like that is exactly what you did-be bold in sharing His gifts. (Luke, I met you at the S.S. class you visited the Sunday before you left for Brazil, so have been praying for you and the rest of the team.) Love and prayers to all.

    ReplyDelete