Thursday, June 21, 2012

Oi!

This is Rachel, Hannah, and Sarah reporting live from the bus. We're on our way to Taio to spend the day sharing the gospel and our testimonies in schools. Then we'll also have happy hour tonight where Brazilians come to just hang out with us.  Last night everyone must have had too much to eat because as one van attempted to chug its way up a mountain the engine decided it needed a nap. Everyone had to walk home through the mountains while fending off bears and vicious flying squirrels... Just kidding :) it was only a thirty minute delay and everyone got back on the van and home safely. Okay now on a more serious note... We've had an awesome trip so far and God has been teaching us and changing the lives of many people. We're excited to see how God will work through us during the English camp. There have been many times where we were nervous or didn't know what to say, but the Holy Spirit has been with us every time. It's an amazing feeling to be used by God. Especially because a lot of the students have never heard the gospel.  Everything has gone well so far and we give all the credit to God because we know that what we're doing isn't through our own power but God's. With that, here are some things you could pray for. :)  -We're all pretty exhausted so pray that we have energy to stay focused and to have a servant's heart for God. -Patience  -Health  -Being able to fight Satan's lies -Staying focused on the purpose of the trip These are a few specifics but please pray for our team in general as well. Missing you all at home! -Rachel, Hannah, and Sarah P.S. from Rachel, I love and miss you mom and dad! Give Bear a nuzzle from me and eat a basket full of breadsticks for me in my name;) P.S.S from Hannah, hey mom and dad! I miss you all so much! Give my love to the boys and Jake and Jersey! Hope you're getting used to me being gone since this could become a regular thing ;) love ya!  P.S.S.S. from Sarah, hi mom and dad!  I miss you and love you and tell everyone hi. Also, I hope you aren't missing me too much because I'm considering staying here forever. ;) love you! TCHAU!! (chow for those of you that don't speak Portuguese, which we are now fluent in.)  :)

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for you.

    Psalm 91 (The Message)
    Page Options
    Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email
    Add parallel

    <<
    <
    =
    =
    >
    >>

    Show resources
    Psalm 91

    The Message (MSG)
    Psalm 91

    You who sit down in the High God's presence, spend the night in Shaddai's shadow,
    Say this: "God, you're my refuge.
    I trust in you and I'm safe!"
    That's right—he rescues you from hidden traps,
    shields you from deadly hazards.
    His huge outstretched arms protect you—
    under them you're perfectly safe;
    his arms fend off all harm.
    Fear nothing—not wild wolves in the night,
    not flying arrows in the day,
    Not disease that prowls through the darkness,
    not disaster that erupts at high noon.
    Even though others succumb all around,
    drop like flies right and left,
    no harm will even graze you.
    You'll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance,
    watch the wicked turn into corpses.
    Yes, because God's your refuge,
    the High God your very own home,
    Evil can't get close to you,
    harm can't get through the door.
    He ordered his angels
    to guard you wherever you go.
    If you stumble, they'll catch you;
    their job is to keep you from falling.
    You'll walk unharmed among lions and snakes,
    and kick young lions and serpents from the path.

    14-16 "If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God,
    "I'll get you out of any trouble.
    I'll give you the best of care
    if you'll only get to know and trust me.
    Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times;
    I'll rescue you, then throw you a party.
    I'll give you a long life,
    give you a long drink of salvation!"

    ReplyDelete