Saturday, June 16, 2012

We made it!

We're in Rio do Sol! After a long day and a half of traveling, we are finally here. It took  a couple tight connections, a ridiculously long flight, and a crazy bus ride, but we are all glad to be here. We met all of our translators. On our way from the airport in Curitiba to Rio do Sol, we stopped at a buffet where the waiters would bring around different meats and offer them to you. There were so many different foods I had never seen before. What an experience! I'm sure the boys will expound when they get home. Last night we met at the church and socialized for a while with the church people. It's a super fun group of people! Then we split up and went with our host families. Bailey and I were lucky enough to have a translator staying with us. I think other groups have been using more charades and google translate than us. My family is so hospitable. We had a great time getting to know them and sharing pictures. They loved the pictures of snow. I'm pretty sure we were all super happy to sleep in a bed (not a plane). Now we are at the church fellowshipping for a while before we start up and I'm listening to people worshipping in Portuguese and English. It is gonna be an awesome time! Love you Mom and Dad!! -- Samantha Timmons

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you made it safely. We followed the progress of the flight on the internet. We are praying for ministry in Brazil. I have an unusual prayer request, but it is important:

    Please pray for our son Eric Rock (Kevin’s older brother) and the other students on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Study Abroad program in China. The leader of the program, UNL professor Dr. Weixing Li has been detained by the Chinese Government and we are not sure why. Pray for a prompt and safe resolution to this situation and that God will bring glory to Himself through circumstances.

    Remember Psalm 62:5-8
    5 For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
    for my hope is from him.
    6 He only is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
    7 On God rests my salvation and my glory;
    my mighty rock, my refuge is God.

    8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
    pour out your heart before him;
    God is a refuge for us. Selah

    --- LeRoy Rock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings on all of you down there. Some of you might be interested in the fact that we now have three cabins that will sleep up to 20 people in each cabin up at Table in the Wilderness, and we expect God to provide the funding we need to supply a large wood stove that will provide warmth for all four cabins, so we can go up to Table in the Winter and have heat in our cabins. Then we just have to figure out how to get from the cabins to the bath house for necessicities and showers... God is good. Spread the G.O.S.P.E.L. Use the Portueguese transation version of Propaganda's YouTube video and let us know what the Brazilians think...

    Love all you guys and are prayin for your entire trip...

    Safe travels, and God's Speed in all you do.

    ReplyDelete